Hello, Ladies, and WELCOME to Illinois Baptist Women’s new PriorityNOW blog where we help each other become better disciples of Jesus.
Like David said in Psalm 122:1, I rejoiced with those who said to me, “Let us go to the house of the LORD.” And although this isn’t the house of the Lord, this is a place where two or more are gathered, so God is here and we are rejoicing and praising God and yes, celebrating because this is something that God has done. We’d love to have you join us because things–life–is so much better when done with others. We’re not made to, nor meant to do life alone. Community encourages us, strengthens us and helps us shoulder the load of responsibilities and life.
One of our goals for the PriorityNOW blog is to be a meeting place–a place we can stop by for a glass of iced tea, a cup of coffee or tea, or, if you’re like me, a glass of koolaid, and preferrably, a bottomless glass of koolaid. And because we’re friends, I can admit that and still feel included, accepted and loved here. Thank goodness! More than just stopping and sipping, this is a place to visit and interact with others. We want to hear from you! Your voice is what will transform this place and make it transformational.
Your voice will help us
welcome in those who are
in need of a safe harbor to refuel in
before they go back into vast ocean of life.
…to equip His people for works of service,
so that the body of Christ may be built up…
Ephesians 4:12 ESV
Along with community, here at PriorityNOW we are all about equipping and helping you do what God has called you to do. We understand that sometimes you don’t know where to start or what your next step is. We want to help you with that. And if you do know those things, we want to cheer you on and connect you with others along this journey because we aren’t meant to do things alone.
Now, we all know that a party needs to have a game and we’d hate to disappoint you–yes, even you ladies who groan over every party game you’ve played through the years–birthday parties, bridal showers, baby showers–you know who you are and I heard you groan. We also know that the best games have prizes, so we’ve lined up a string of prizes for you. The more people participate, the deeper we’ll dig into the prize vault.
Here’s the scoop…
- This game is played in the Comments section of this post. Simply click the REPLY button at the end of this post, put it the pertinent information, then leave your answers in a comment.
- One answer per comment–the more questions you answer, the more comments you leave, and that adds up to more entries for you, and the more entries you have, the more chances of winning a prize. (wink, wink)
And here’s the fine print, because you know there’s always fine print. If it doesn’t look fine to you, put more distance between you and your screen.
- You have between now and midnight Sunday, August 7, 2022, to enter this game/giveaway.
- Winners will be announced in Monday’s post and you are responsible for contacting us to receive your prize. We’ll explain how in Monday’s post.
Easy enough that everyone can join in this game.
So, here we go…
I hear you whispering over there. You don’t like giving personal information online. I get it!! And I totally understand it! You can answer some of these questions without giving any personal information–just be sure to leave a way for us to differentiate between you and someone else–like a screen name or initials or…
You’d like an example? Sure! My name is Patty but often online I’ll use the name Patterly. I have a friend who uses the name Madelyne instead of her real name. I live in the Benton area–it’s close enough without pinpointing where I am, but before I was comfortable with even that much information, I said I live in the corn fields of Southern Illinois. You can be as specific or NONspecific as you like, we just need a way to know that YOU left the comment in case you win, AND so that we can get to know each other.
Questions…that aren’t all questions. (remember, leave your answer in the comments below, one answer per comment)
- Who are you? Tell us your name and a little about yourself. We really want to get to know you.
- Where do you live? (town, county or even region, ie: Southern IL)
- What church do you attend? Or, if you’re church-hunting, or between churches, let us know that too.
- When you leave your answer in the comments, be sure to click to be notified of new posts via email, and let us know you have.
- Share this post with a friend. One share = one entry. Ten shares = ten entries. You get the idea.
- If your friend stops by, have her mention your name and you’ll both get an entry. Because yanno, sharing is caring.
- Subscribe to our podcast! Every Friday our fearless leader, Carmen Halsey, talks with an ordinary woman who is serving our extraordinary God. Join us there to be encouraged and hear how one of our sisters is living her calling.
- Reply to other people’s comments. We all know how it feels to walk into a room and have no one talk to us, so reply to as many comments as you can. Be part of the conversation, even if you’re one of the quiet people.
- Share this post on Facebook. Yes, I know not all of us are FB friendly, and that’s okay. If you’re a FB person, share us on there.
- Check out our Priority tab and our Help Wanted tab. Let us know you did and if you’re interested in something you saw there.
- What verse has meant something to you recently? Why?
Phew! That’s quite a list! Surely there’s something there for everyone, even if you’re squeamish about putting personal info in a comment.
Let the games begin!